If you experience a Sync Now failure and the log has the following type of error:
Cannot find specified Online PSTN usage "Servicename-xxx".
Then this indicates the Microsoft 365 tenant has not properly.
The first action is to wait and re-try the Sync Now process periodically for a few hours.
If after several hours the not issue is not resolved then we recommend immediate escalation to Microsoft.
- The tenant is being configured for Direct Routing
- The domains are activated for voice on the tenant
- The command Get-CsOnlinePstnUsage -Identity "Global" confirms the PSTN Usage setting exist
-The command New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute produces an error:
-"Cannot find specified Online PSTN usage" when trying to use the domain.
Getting more information (advanced)
If Microsoft require you to reproduce the error in PowerShell or if you need to prove conclusively to your support organisation that that this is the issue then:
1) Set up you computer to run Teams PowerShell following this guidance Teams Admin PowerShell and log in to your tenant as Global Administrator
2) Run the command:
Get-CsOnlinePstnUsage -Identity Global
to provide a list of the recorded PSTN usages that are setup
3) Locate the command in the sync log that starts with
and immediately precedes the error message.
for example, the command will resemble this:
New-CsOnlineVoiceRoute -Name "Branddomain-xxxx" -OnlinePstnGatewayList @('5lesvgit4j3o.AUSEA02.branddomain.com') -OnlinePstnUsages @('branddomain-USE') -Priority "0" -NumberPattern ".*"
Copy this command into the PowerShell session and you will receive the error to confirm the Microsoft 365 tenant setup is at fault.
Cut/Paste the PowerShell transcript and send to Microsoft and/or your support organisation,
Note: We have reports from customers that this issue may resolve of its own accord but the delay reported is up to 11 days.